irrational fears

Do you have an irrational fear?  One that your mind knows is complete lunacy, but you can't help but fear it anyway. 

My irrational fear is owned by a can of crescent rolls.  The Pillsbury variety.  The ones that you jam a spoon into to pop open.  I loathe them, I fear them, I scream like a little baby every time I open a can.



I've tried to ban them from entry, but the greasy, flaky, all too easy to make (I should be getting paid for this description, huh?) dough filled canisters keep invading my house. I shutter at the thought that the pop will end in a massive explosion that tosses crescent dough all over my kitchen and sends the edge of the can straight into my eye or my chest or my thigh (which now that I think about it - barring the eye I probably have enough natural cushion to protect myself from this type of explosion anyway.  Hmph, I suppose that makes the fear even that more irrational).

Anyway, I opened the fridge this afternoon to find one of those crescent roll cans had exploded inside.  Didn't make much of a mess.



I'm still afraid.

Now I've told you my deepest darkest most irrational fear.  If you're feeling brave, I'd love to know yours.  Please share in the comments section.  Remember, you are among friends here - we will only make fun of you a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha I can't even think of anything scary now because I am laughing too hard. I feel the same way about these and as many times as you open one, it scares you just the same the next time!!! Thanks for the laugh dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me not feel alone in this fear, Anita! Maybe this will make for cheap therapy for me and I'll start popping those cans open right and left without even a wince!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE opening champaigne bottles...but I LOVE drinking it. So as always, love wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Francie...that is so true! I always make Bob open them and he usually shoots them straight out into the yard and everytime I pray there isn't a stray animal or kid roaming around as it comes flying down! This is so cathartic...I'm feeling lighter by the minute! ;) We will have to get together for a crescent roll and champagne night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, Janie! I love your pic too! Hmm...irrational fears, I'm sure I have one, but I'll have to think on it.

    ReplyDelete