The Best Toys in Life Are Free

I've long since known that the best things in life really are free.  Love, affection, kindness, kisses from my baby (which aren't exactly free - they usually come at the cost of a bit of coaxing and the occasional treat, but close enough).  I've recently realized that the best toys in life are also free.

My sisters have graciously paraded incredible, like-new hand me downs to my house since the day after I told them that I was pregnant.  Since the arrival of Baby Boy, I've literally bought him three books, two puzzles, and one train set, yet thanks to my sisters' generosity he has more toys then he will ever have time to play with in this life.  I thought we had tapped out all of the free toys that were to come our way, when out of the blue Meijer offered us another freebie that has become a huge hit around here.  

To be honest, I've been cursing Meijer for the last month as their remodel has cost me precious time in the grocery store searching for things that I can normally walk right up to and snag in seconds.  All of that hard work has finally paid off.  They gave Baby Boy a fake construction cap and he has been walking around like he is the boss for the last three days.  This little hard hat couldn't even be valued at a ha'penny.  Which by the way, ha'penny is tragically underused these days.  Anyway, here is just a taste of the joy that has come from this freebie...

I've been working on these plans day and night.


Alright fellas, here is what we gotta do.


Don't give me any lip.  The boss has always been allowed to eat while the rest of you work.


If I have to tell you guys one more time.



Working from sun up to sun down.


Man, it sure has been a tough day.  Gotta get some rest before I'm back to the grind tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie!!! Oh I loved these pictures, and you are so right, the best things in life really are free!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete